Finding the Best Personal Injury Attorney in Kansas City

How to Find the Best Personal Injury Attorney in Kansas City

If you or a loved one has been injured because of the carelessness of another then you may have a case for personal injury and be entitled to settlement money. 

Injury and death involve medical expenses and cause pain and suffering. A personal injury attorney may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.

No matter the specifics, if a loved one has been injured or killed due to the negligence of another, you need the best personal injury attorney.

1. Use Common Sense

You can tell a lot about an attorney's success rate by using common sense.

Observe these things as you search for a personal injury attorney:

  • Do they have a functioning, modern looking website?
  • Are their offices clean, organized, and comfortable?

These are indicators that the attorney is successful and has the financial resources to maintain good business practices and office space.

While you can't observe the following points, you can ask these questions to understand if an attorney has the resources to take on your case:

  • Find out what resources and specialists your attorney has access to in order to assist with your case.  Also, in serious personal injury cases - some attorneys will need to reinvest in your lawsuit to obtain the best results..  

The research, work, and the number of specialists required to prepare a case are expensive and it can take 1-2 years. And if the attorney you're looking at doesn't have the resources to do your case justice, then you should probably look elsewhere.

2. The Best Personal Injury Attorney Won't Be Afraid to Take the Case to Court

Only 4-5% of personal injury cases go to trial. The other 95% settle before ever reaching trial. While the issue is resolved sooner, most cases settle for less money than needed to compensate for the loss.

Choose an attorney who has a history of taking cases to trial if necessary and winning. 

If you're not able to find records of past trials, then you can request information from the law firm directly regarding how many cases go to court and how many cases are won. 

3. Talk to past Clients

The best resource for selecting an attorney is their past clients. A good attorney won't be afraid to connect you with past clients if you ask. 

As you connect with a potential attorney ask them if they've succeeded in any past trials or cases that are similar to your circumstances. If they do, ask if they can connect you with that client.

The client may decline to be contacted, but the attorney shouldn't have any problem asking. If they hesitate to allow you to have contact with past clients, it may be an indicator that the attorney wasn't easy to work with.

4. Select an Attorney Who Specializes in Personal Injury

It's important to select an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases. It guarantees that they have detailed knowledge of the nuances of personal injury law

A general attorney who has many different specialties may not have the time or resources to understand the finer points of your case.

5. Look at Several Options

It's vital to look at and compare several different options before you select an attorney. You can even ask the attorney's what they think of your other options. 

This will help you have a more informed decision.

Remember This!

After suffering an injury or the loss of a loved one, the last thing you need is a personal injury attorney who doesn't treat your case with the attention it deserves.

Contact us today for the best personal injury attorney in Kansas City!


Recent Posts