|Experienced Kansas City Criminal Defense Lawyer|
An Experienced Kansas City Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Change the Outcome of Your Case
View our Kansas City MO Criminal Defense Attorney - Lawyer page
Are you under investigation or fear being charged with a crime? Employing the services of an experienced Kansas City criminal defense lawyer can mean the difference between spending time in jail or prison, and being set free. No matter what the crime, a reputable attorney should be contacted.
An experienced and highly qualified lawyer knows how to investigate your case further, to find mistakes that police or other law enforcement may have made. He also knows how to look for evidence they may have missed, and how to thoroughly comb all evidence and documentation for information that may be beneficial to your case.
What should you look for in a Kansas City criminal defense attorney?
1. Try to locate an attorney in your area, who specializes in this area of law. A lawyer who specializes in only one or two areas is much more knowledgeable in criminal defense than an attorney who represents people in all types of cases.
2. Find out about the lawyer's track record, and his experience with cases similar to yours. Most attorneys offer a free consultation, so ask questions in order to get a clearer picture of what to expect.
3. Check to see if the attorney you are considering has any published articles, books or treatises. If he has written publications online, this may be strong evidence of his competence.
4. To find out about the expertise the lawyer has in his field, verify how many acquittals the lawyer has won. This gives much credence to his overall court demeanor and how well he prepares.
5. Many television shows feature segments on criminal law. Learn if the attorney you are considering has been cited on these forums, or perhaps has appeared on the segment. Usually, attorneys who are mentioned or cited on such shows are highly regarded.
A reputable Kansas City criminal defense lawyer will advise you not to speak or give statements to anyone without first consulting him. Police and other government personnel often use statements you have made against you, so keep silent until you have an attorney to represent you.
Whether you have been accused of a Kansas City DUI, DWI, assault and battery, robbery or even murder, you need someone to represent you that will fight tooth and nail to win your case. Established attorneys know how to collect every piece of information and evidence they need to get you acquitted of the crime you have been accused of.
Don't put it off, and avoid speaking to anyone about your case. Contact a Kansas City criminal defense attorney immediately to find out more about the services he offers, and how he can help you retain your freedom.
Matthew J. O'Connor
THE O'CONNOR LAW FIRM
Changing your opinion about lawyers, one case at a time