Medical Malpractice | Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney Matthew O'Connor
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Kansas City, Missouri
There are countless situations in which a person may become the victim of medical malpractice. Not only are doctors, nurses, and hospitals often responsible, but nursing homes, pharmacists or pharmacies, and anesthesiologists. For instance, medication errors may be made in a nursing home that results in injury or death to the patient. Other examples include:
- Diagnosis errors or late diagnosis of cancer, sepsis, or other conditions that can result in death
- IV administration, catheter, or medication errors in hospitals
- Anesthesia errors
- Pharmaceutical Errors / Prescription Errors
- Surgical errors
- Birth injury resulting in newborn injuries, complication, cerebral palsy, etc.
- Surgical negligence, such as surgical tools left in the body, wrong site surgery, etc.
- Emergency room errors
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Elderly loss of life in a hospital
- Loss of life in a hospital
- Brain injury
Others who may be responsible in a medical malpractice claim include dentists, cosmetic surgeons, radiologists, and chiropractors.
Contact The O'Connor Law Firm Now
When a health care professional or facility engages in negligent behavior it can result in a catastrophic injury or in some cases, death. Medical malpractice is defined as an act or omission of a health care provider in which the care provided falls short of accepted professional standards set forth by the medical community. It is important to note that when you are the injured victim, the burden of proof to hold the negligent party or parties liable falls on your shoulders. This is why it is critical to work with a Kansas City personal injury attorney who is experienced and skilled in these types of claims, and who will fight on your behalf whether through settlement out of court, or litigation inside the courtroom. Contact The O'Connor Law Firm now for a free consultation at 816-842-1111.